margo on Meantone (real long)

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:49:19 EDT

In a message dated 7/25/00 8:20:16 AM Central Daylight Time, A440A@AOL.com
writes:

<< real early tuning >>

This sounds like the hot topic that Rob Goodale has been looking for to
attract all those "Assiciates" to a PTG meeting.  All they'll need is a Peral
River piano to try them out on.  I'd suggest using the same caterer as Randy
Potter does.  That ought to really attract some of these guys who have been
holding out for 25 years just because they didn't want to be in the same club
as some jerk.

I just can't wait to hear "Body & Soul" played on a Peral River piano in
Reverse Meantone!  It would really be a cool, "neo-gothic" experience!  (My
son is into that "goth" stuff too.  I think I'll bring him along).  I just
can't wait to take a  3-limit Concorde jet to Las Vegas to hear narrow
diatonic semitones form expressive melody and incisive cadential action,
heightened in a form of intonational mannerism!  Heavy, man!

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin