Piano valuations.

Graeme Harvey gharvey@netsource.co.nz
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 20:24:00 +1200

Greetings to all,

I am interested in finding how some of you approach the task of valuing =
a piano.
The reason I ask is that in a few weeks we will include this topic at a =
technical meeting of our guild here in New Zealand.=20
I'm most interested in the basis of a valuation ie, insurance,or for =
resale purposes, or replacement purposes and whether a different figure =
applies for each different situation. Obviously there are many ways to =
get a valuation figure, so I'd really like to hear how some of you do =
this.
I've been involved with pianos for 20 or so years and have my own basic =
criteria, but I think it would be healthy to see what others do and the =
way they approach it.

Many thanks
Graeme Harvey
New Plymouth NZ