Why not to tune a piano?

Larry J. Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:34:17 -0700

If your really want to DUMB DOWN a profession - license it.  I believe
that most of us think that obtaining RPT is a start, not an end.  With
licensing the government gets involved, fees and charges that need to be
passed on to the clients, shady "schools" that teach to the "test".

I will need to see my CPA this week or next. I didn't pick him because he
passed a test but because of what he knows and can do for me.  He would
be as capable without passing the CPA exams.

 I know not to trust initials after the name.

Larry Messerly RPT