Why not to tune a piano?

Dpshans@AOL.COM Dpshans@AOL.COM
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 20:34:21 EDT

Folks,

     I think we're missing an opportunity here.  Think of the status of
becoming a Federal CTE.  And the manufacturers would love to be able to
advertise that their instruments are certified for home AND stage use!  Think
of the prestige of owning the same piano that the government has approved for
testing. Your neighbors will be green with envy.

     As soon as this comes about, I'm set to fill out the 23 page
application, wait for months the reply, and then head off to the Regional
Testing Center so that I can wait in a long line to be tested by a committee
of career drones who have yet to set their first octave.  And rumor has it
that you only have to wait 8 months for the rejection notice, on the basis
that, on page 19 of the application, they had trouble reading your mother's
maiden name.  You can reapply, however, after an 18 month waiting period.

Dan Dannenfelser
Sacramento, CA