Why not to tune a piano?

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:38:41 -0500

>© The silly post below had no beginning but it started off as if
>responding to an earlier one...
>John Lillico, RPT...
>
>>...I think it is time that piano tuning
>>and repairing is licensed by the federal government.  Get rid of the RPT.
>>Everyone has to pass a state test and convert the PTG into the club it
>>really
>>belongs.
>>David Ritzel

I don't know about the geographical locations for the rest of the
subscribers, John, but where I come from, this tactic/maneuver is called
"bait", pure and simple, and is suitably guaranteed to stir the pot as
intended, and garner numerous reactionary comments as has been evidenced
thus far.

Looking forward to Calgary in 2002.  Toronto in 1987 was fantastic!

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild