Pinblock/Frame Separation

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:10:21 -0500

>Using the Nossaman method I left out all of the common sense stuff like don't
>drill a hole in your hand or finger, don't clamp your pinkie too tight, don't
>glue action parts together, don't make a mess and clean up the mess you make,
>etc.... :-)
>Have fun, Terry.
>ŠJim Bryant (FL)

Hi Jim,
Bolting up the Story and Clark console this afternoon went very smoothly,
just like you listed, except for a few things. The Nossaman method I didn't
tell you about involved whacking a piece out of my thumb with a pocketknife
in the shop yesterday, but that shouldn't count for this project anyway,
other than to recommend keeping Titebond out of your band-aid. Or is that
too obvious? The other is that I have never had to leave one clamped for
the glue to dry, and have always tuned them immediately after tightening
the nuts and trimming the bolts. Well, and after the clean up, and putting
the lid back on, and moving the piano back against the wall and like that.
Someone in Texas had raised pitch on this one and apparently not noticed
the 1/2" gap widening before his eyes, because squeezing everything back
together brought the pitch a little over half a semitone high. Swell. I
don't often get to do a pitch lowering that far.
Ron N