Pinblock/Frame Separation

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:58:47 -0500

>It's probably one of those <hand slap to forehead> "why didn't I think of
>that" kind of things, so please, be gentle with me.  :-)
>
>You did mention getting glue in a wound.  I've heard of times where people
>would purposefully super glue a bad cut back together to help stop bleeding
>until proper attention can be had.  I wouldn't want to get the stuff too
>deep into the wound, but just across the top of the skin might be helpful in
>that rare circumstance.  (I think I've been watching too much of the
>Discovery Health channel.  All kinds of real time operations in graphic
>detail.  Cool.)
>
>So, how do you chop those bolts off?
>
>Brian T.

Hi Brian,

Hacksaw. See there, relentlessly low tech. I haggle half way through, or
so, and break them off from there. This minimizes the whacking of the case
sides, and the nicking of the pins and coils disasters. Then I either file
them flat, or just peen the burrs down with a beater, depending on how anal
I'm feeling, and how much time I already have invested. Most of the people
I've done this job for have watched at least part of the process, and are
shell shocked so badly by this point that neatly finished bolt ends under
the lid tend to be way down on their priority list.

I never have used CA in (on) a wound, but I'm told it's done, and quite
successfully. I have, however, resorted to a brisk acetone dip and masking
tape, er, mask to staunch the blood flow in those instances when I really
couldn't stop for more civilized first aid methods. I'm not well versed in
real emergency first aid methods, but I've got Triage, slap-n-patch and
ignore, and healing up down pat.

Ron N