Pinblock/Frame Separation

sandra cooper keyrail@juno.com
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:12:08 -0700

Daniel,  The very first piano I owned came from a School district. The
plate had come away from the case (An Aldrich uprigt ) at the bass end
bottom. The plate screws had been removed and this plate was 2 inches out
from the case at the farthest point. In my innocence and ignorance I
jumped in dumb and happy. I put the piano on its back with another
technician's tilter and pulled the thing back together (without letting
down the tension on the strings) and put new 5 inch wood screws in where
the old ones had been (I measured for that). This is the piano I learned
to tune on. I sold it and tuned it every 6 months for its new owners and
it was a very stable piano. If I had it to do over again (20 /20
hindsight) I would declare it dead and move on. I realize this isn't much
help, especially since it sounds like you want to do this for a customer.
Just thought you'd like the story.This comes from Sandra Cooper RPT for
about 14 years now. Good luck

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.