Why not to tune a piano?

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:50:52 PDT

Kevin Ramsey said:

>Pretty soon we'll need a license to breath, and then they'll tax the air!!
I don't want to go to the Federal Government for a license to do anything. I
just want them to leave me alone. They've got too much power over ours lives
>as it is.

Having just recently returned from D.C., I think it would be _great_ if the
Federal government would license piano techs.  Just think, we could have our
own marble office building complete with gargoyles, columns, palisades, and
with a thousand or so people working just for us.  There could be tours
where tourists could look down on sample techs working on pianos brought in
for the exhibit. Pieces of broken wire, grooved hammers, keys needing
rebushing, split bridges, could be in glass cases in the lobby. Talk about
raising our image in the public eye!

Someday we might even get a memorial, with a giant marble tuning hammer and
tuning fork in the middle, to be viewed from all sides
:-)

Diane