Frozen or Binding regulating screws

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 23:26:29 -0500

Hi Arnie,
I vote for heat too. In the worst case scenarios, I've pulled the letoff
rail, clamped it in a bench vise, and quickly heated the regulating screw
loops with a propane torch enough to melt a little candle wax in around the
screw. It does pollute the rail, but it's a low expectation kind of
performance requirement, unlike pinblocks or soundboards, and all you
really need is for the screw to turn when you want it to, and not when you
don't, and for the rail to stay where it's mounted. My preference in this
kind of situation is to heat the rusty old screws as necessary (no wax),
back them all the way out, and replace the screws and buttons with new
ones. For what it's worth.

Ron N