Help on A.B. Chase valuation

Mark Story mark.story@mail.ewu.edu
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:57:16 -0700

I need to value an A.B. Chase 6’ (+/-) player grand for a client. The
cabinet and piano part are in excellent condition. The player part not so
much. It needs rebuilding. I’m not a pneumatic player person, but I can see
that the tracker bar tubing needs replacing, which I know means that the
valves and pneumatics probably need it as well. It doesn’t appear that any
work has been done on any part of the instrument. I would think that for the
piano alone, in our area they could get $8,000 to $12,000 – I’m just stuck
on the player aspect. Any ideas? TIA

Mark Story. RPT
Cheney, Washington