Help on A.B. Chase valuation

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:15:39 EDT

Hello Mark!

   The A.B.Chase you describe may very well be a
scale "T-A ".  If so it will be a 6ft.1 will have 8 single
and 12 bi-cord in Bass.  In center section you will
find 2 bi-cord and 5 tri-cord wrapped strings. It will
also have a hook bridge for this supplement. The last
one I had was built in 1914.  If it is a scale "T-A"  it
was at one time a magnificent piano with proper
rebuilding can be again.  Chase used several brands
of player actions. So it is hard to tell what the cost
of rebuilding would be. However I would guess in the
Dallas-Ft.Worth area it would be appx. $7.000.00 for
the player part. It would also be at least one to two
years for any of our good rebuilders to start on it.
   I don't know how this price information compares
in your area. But it may be close enough to use to
estimate the value of this piano.

   Hope this helps:
   Jack Wyatt