Re-whatevering upright piano thingees

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:15:01 -0700

Dear Kevin Soon,

>  Oh Great Masters of instilling beautiful sound and wonderful touch
>into heavy objects of wood, metal and wool ...

Flattery will get you everywhere.

[sad tale, best summed up by saying, "the gol-darn *^^*&%*)^* backcheck
felt from the suppliers ain't no dang good]

>  The only remaining possibility I can see (I am very near-sighted),
>would be to purchase backchecks from a manufacturer that creates these
>thingees in a similar form to what I need.

I think that there you have it. However, you can, I believe, purchase
the backcheck felt rather than the whole backchecks, should you desire.
Have you tried Yamaha or Kawai? Renner?

Since you are in student mode, be good, try some of the manufacturers'
backcheck felt, and report back to me, since I think I did this years
and years ago, but my memory (as it so often does these days, alas)
has grown dim.

Susan C. (completed-the-exams)(and therefore lazy?) Kline