Why not to tune a piano?

Carl W. Meyer cmpiano@earthlink.net
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 21:31:35 -0700

This thread has been the most entertaining I've seen in a long time.  I've
written responses in my head several times and even started to respond on
line but ended up deleting them.  So I've just filed them somewhere between
my kidneys and spleen and waited.

Dan Jackson's post was directed to me I suppose.  TSTRS (to set the record
straight) I would like to point out that I was being completely sarcastic
about the supreme court.  It seems that Dan thinks I'm a liberal that is in
favor of big government.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  If you
looked up conservative in the dictionary, you'd see my picture.  I'd rather
see the supreme court enforce the constitution that limits the intrusion of
government into our lives.  I'm a devout, died in the wool, born again
associate.  I've experienced all the typical slurs and insults by a few
arrogant individuals, but I'm still here.  I've been a member for over 15
years, have no desire to become an RPT(what ever that stands for).  I
attend the meetings, teach classes, and am now serving as the defacto vp of
our chapter.  I like the PTG.  Titles, categories and tests serve to divide
us when we should be united. At my age I just can't see putting any effort
into trying to pass the test when I don't even like tuning.  I could ask
the question " Why can a great tuner who is a mediocre rebuilder be an RPT,
but a superb rebuilder that is a mediocre tuner be denied that status?"  My
own answer to that question is "It doesn't matter since most rebuilders
(associates) don't have the self esteem problem that makes titles
important."

There was a comment to the effect "Keep politics out of this".  Like all
organizations the PTG is a political animal.  Everything is political,
religious, or economic or all of the above.

I thank Jimrpt for coming to my defense such as it was.  He couldn't help
slur California.  Yes, I know how those Californians are.  That's why I
sometimes want to get out of this state.  With 2 hypocrite, female liberal
senators we don't have much representation.  OMG now I'm in trouble with
the feminists.  Honest to god I'm not a sexist.  Gina's name has come up.
She's got to be my favorite associate supporter.

Dan, If you wrote this at 2 am I forgive you.  You should have been asleep
or engaged in some other bedroom activity.  That would have tempered your
attitude.
I looked in the directory to see if you were an associate or an RPT and I
didn't find your name.  Have you just joined the guild or have you been
banned?

Don't take this personally. I love to be irreverent.  My daughter  tells
her friends." If my dad doesn't tease you, that means he doesn't like you"

Carl Meyer
Santa Clara Ca. Calif. Conservative associate

Just Not
> > Sure of the infraction that I, or Gina or Carl might be guilty of that
is
> > such an offense as to warrant the removal of one of us.
> > I can't imagine that I would be your target so..........inquiring mind
wants
> > to know-Whom doest thou haveth in thy mind?
> > Jim Bryant (FL)
>
> Jim,
> 	I'm terribly sorry ....I thought if I responded to the thread that the
> title carried and the previous ones had been read it would be obvious.
> I've been known to be very oblique. I have been helped and entertained
> by yours and the many others who post here with all their experience and
> expertise. Sometimes at 2am I'm not as careful as I should be - so I'll
> try to watch it. After posting what I did I had second thoughts about
> the concept of being able to banish anyone - and it's not a very good
> way to encourage free thought - something we colonials tend to
> cherish...so I apologize all the way 'round.
> 	My undesirable was the topic related schizophrenic or otherwise simply
> devious miscreant who was heating up the fires with his mindless
> Jeckle/Hyde manner. That David guy who started the Why tune sequence.
> 	Thank you to whoever (I'm sorry I can't remember if it was Ed F or Ron
> ) got his name and address - I've filed it for reference. You guys are
> all remarkable and you dispatched this fellow with great panache.
> 			Thanks for listening
> 			and "God save the Colonies"!
>
> 				Dan  Jackson Wmbg VA

--- Carl W. Meyer, Santa Clara, Ca.