Juice & Mother Goose

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:17:15 -0600

>You're right there! However, Roger, the "closet steamer"

Hi Susan,
                Now that I've taught steam voicing classes at the last two
National convention's,  I'm well and truly out of the closet.

The very slight raising of the shoulders with the ultra hard Samick
hammers, no need to file, just use a little down ward pressure with the dry
iron. ( 40 Watt ) Kind of like pressing clothes.
With grands have the hammers well supported on a voicing block.
For verticals, Joe Goss ( Mother Goose tools) has a nice voicing tray that
supports the hammers very well.

Joe gave me a tray to try in Arlington, it's great for shoe shining
vertical hammers, it give the shanks some thing solid to rest on, and
prevents the heads from wanting to twist.
He developed the tray for grand voicing.  And it works well on actions with
wip assist springs,  in the last month, my side kick, has found a variety
of uses for vertical work.

THE STEAMER, out of the closet.

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.