"New" old uprights

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Tue, 2 May 2000 13:33:32 -0500

Jim
I do about one old upright a year for various reasons, but the biggest is
sentiment. The customer is always pleased and surprised how great and full
the sound is and how nice they feel. Many appraisals for
reconditioning/rebuilding die in the file drawer because there is no
attachment to the piano. They can't grasp what it will sound and feel like.

Paul Chick

Ron wrote:
>   ...  I have
> done several comlpete 'rebuilds' on older uprights for persons who had
> various reasons for having it done.  Each of these turned out
magnificently
> and surprised even me as to the quality of tone and and and appearance.
:-)