Believing without proof

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Wed, 03 May 2000 09:53:48 -0300

Hi,
I know of an example in the local area, where a new Yamaha, had to be
restrung, due to corrosion.
The corrosion was caused by the person adding a humidifier additive from
a hardware store. It happened to be corrosive.
That is why Dampp-Chaser used to put a warning about additives in with
each unit.
If you go with their product, you know it has been tested, and is safe.
This isn't to say other products may not be safe, I just don't think it
is worth it to take a chance.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.