"New" old uprights

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 04 May 2000 07:17:33 -0400

People surprise you.

About a year ago I wrote about this guy who called me.  He had a Kawai or
Yamaha console that had been ignored for over a decade and now he wanted top
flight care for it.  He even wanted to come see my shop (I don't have one) and
meet me for breakfast, to see if I was a worthy person to work on his beloved
baby, I guess.  He found my name on the PTG list of RPTs and told me I was the
guy he was looking for.  I mean, he was on a quest!

I was backlogged at the time and said I would call him when I could get to it,
although these strange requests of his made me nervous.  When I finally did
call him, he said not now because people owed him $10,000.  I never heard from
him again, and I hope I never do.  All I can figure out is that he was playing
a game, and, given the fact that he ignored the piano for more than ten years,
he doesn't really care that much for the beloved baby after all.  Or maybe he
changed his mind and called someone else.  I hope so.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger