International piano moving

Thu, 04 May 2000 07:51:28 -0500

Friends,

A customer called me yesterday concerning moving her piano (Steinway F -
last tuned [by me] in 1992).

It seems they are giving it to their daughter, who now lives near Ottawa,
Ont.,Canada.

I have the Keyboard Carriage number, which I will pass on to her.  I assume
that they do go to Canada, but would appreciate any words of wisdom for
her, as well as any other movers who do international.

They have also asked me for some statement stating to confirm the fact that
they do, in fact, own the piano.  Apparently, even with a 40+ year old
piano, if you don't have the original receipt - customs (I don't know
whose) doesn't trust you.

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions

***If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you know",
.