"New" old uprights Costs

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 6 May 2000 19:09:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/6/00 10:04:57 AM Central Daylight Time, Kdivad@AOL.COM
writes:

<< First, if he is ripping off his then so are you!  He does at least as much
 work as you listed for $6993 and the customer is getting a piano in the
 bargain.

The $6993 is what it would cost a customer to do what is listed. I have never
charged that much to a customer to rebuild an upright piano, because I try to
discourage that kind of thing.

In your previous post you said "If someone wants to sell an upright
 that has been completely rebuilt, for $7500, he is either not doing
 everything necessary, or he is cheating himself."  Now you are saying for
 that kind of money you expect the piano to be completely rebuilt.  Which is
 it?

Which does he do, completely rebuild the piano for $7500, or sell if for
$7500 claiming it has been rebuilt, when in actuality it hasn't? If he is not
completely rebuilding it, then he should say so. If he is completely
rebuilding, but only charging $7500, then he is cheating himself.

Willem