Repeat Business

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sun, 7 May 2000 13:07:10 -0400

> By phone?
yes

> By Mail?
no

> By Email?
yes

> By booking a future appointment at the time you do service?
I'm doing this more and more myself giving them a bus. card with the
appointment date on the back and a reminder in my appt. book to call before
going to their home.

> None of the above?
I do have some customers, not many, that will call me before I can get to
them.

> Immediate results from this is about ten per cent.
Some months are better than others for me - 10% would be a bad month with
30-40% representing a good month - also, some customers will not respond
right away - they'll wait 3-6 months before they actually respond - how can
you track that?

> I've have less success with phoning, probably because a snap decision on
>their part is usually a negative one.
maybe you should look at the words you are using when making the call..the
words I use are..."I am calling to remind you that it has been xxx since
your piano has been serviced - please call me at xxx to set up an
appointment"...John, I have to assume that you use a similar approach - I
believe in the soft-sell - and my method of reminders is just that.

Rook