Steinway A lyre sticks

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Mon, 08 May 2000 04:39:53 -0700

Hello, all

I just removed an aging Pianocorder system from a 1941
Steinway A. Now I have to make new lyre sticks, since
the originals were cut off about halfway up, to make
room for the long box holding the stack.

So, I have the lower ends as models, which is a start,
at least, but I have to work out the details for the
rest.

Can anyone tell me the normal length (about 22.5"?),
and whether it was standard, or varied a little bit?
Also, is the top end square or rounded? The bottom
ends are square and gently tapered, ending with a
little ridge, and then are turned round for the last
two inches or so. Are the top ends like this, or a
different shape?

Thankful for any info ....

Susan