CA glue vs. PinTite

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 9 May 2000 08:39:45 EDT

In a message dated 5/9/00 1:29:59 AM Central Daylight Time, elee@amug.org
writes:

<<     I would like to know whether to use CA glue or Garfields or Pin-Tite
pin
 treatment for loose tuning pins.  What do you prefer and in what
 circumstances would you use one type of treatment over the other.

In my shop I have a wall of shame for abused pinblocks.  One of them was
treated with a "pin tightening" solution.  I has nearly completely
delaminated now.  We regularly pickup pieces off the floor.  This "tightener"
completely destroyed the pin block, please don't use it.  If you must use
something, my suggestion is CA glue as it doesn't alter the chemistry of the
wood.

Andrew Remillard