Yamaha C1

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 09 May 2000 14:02:28 -0400

> The typical action weight (according to 50 g down, 20 g up 'rule') is all that I want. Is it reachable with conventional adjustment ?

Those numbers are a little off.  First 35 grams balance weight is a
bit too low, too much weight in the front of the key.  Second 15
grams of friction is too high, the cause would have to be found and
fixed.

I would suggest a balance weight in the area of 40 grams with
frictions of 12 in the bass and 7 or 8 in the treble.  These are
realistic and practical numbers.  You will find that if measured
the balance weight will be all over the place but you are
interested in reducing the friction to manageable levels, that is
what you need to talk to your technician about.

Lots of luck.

		Newton