Viability

Martin Dubow tuner@mediaone.net
Tue, 09 May 2000 14:31:42 -0700

Sure, Terry,

I guess I should be encouraged, since you're impressed with how many customers
I've
rounded up.

I have two successful actions. Firstly, I hire my 15 year old and a bunch of his
friends to hand
out a professionally layed out flyer. I pay them $75 per 1000 handed out. They
are handed out in
mainly upscale neighborhoods. And they hand out lots of flyers. LOTS!  My
biggest two months were
November and December, about 40 customers per month.

Secondly, I have a piano tuner friend who has a very large file of old customers
whose pianos he's
no longer willing to tune. I'm not so choosey about whose piano I tune and I do
regular mailings to
these people. And each time I do a mailing, I get more responses.

It all hinges on frequency and amount of outflow. I hit the same neighborhoods
over and over again, and so far continue to get responses.

That's pretty much it.

Martin