Gray market yamaha grand

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 9 May 2000 20:06:56 EDT

In a message dated 5/09/2000 7:24:31 PM, romanop@attglobal.net writes:

<< The thickness of the flange causes the screws to wedge themselves against
the block (and I mean WEDGE!). I had to brace my legs against the lyre, grab
the brackets and heave! Doesn't do alot of shifting either! What's the fix? >>

Phil;
 I checked my list of serial No.s for Yamaha "Domestic Production" and the
date still comes being 1934.  There is a "grey market" thingee dealer here in
FL who does apply Epoxy finishes to his instruments...so maybe that is what
your finish is rather than "poly". Just a SWAG :-)
 As to the "wedging problem", and some early Yamahas did have 'thinner'
flanges,......... you could:
1. If the screw heads are 'round' replace them with 'pan head screws'.
2. If the screws sit on top of the flange surface...... counter sink them
into the flange by using a stopped brad point, or forstner bit, with jig and
drill press.
3. Use a combination of both 1 and 2????

 Hopefully others will come up with more ideas for you.......but if I were
you I wouldn't be touching no pinblock..period! :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)