yamaha

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Fri, 12 May 00 08:27:24 +1000

John and list,

John Lillico says,

>Sorry to disappoint you, Ron.
>
>I've just returned from tuning a Nippon Gakki, a Yamaha P2, S.N. 860201.
>I_know this piano is from the late 1960's but the number on the action
>rail is 903543.
>
>Go figure !!!

John, I suspect that there might be some anomaly with the piano you
tuned, especially since the second number you quoted has only six digits.
The second number is normally an eight digit number, where the first two
refer to the year of manufacture.

It is possible that some error occurred with the numbering of the piano
to which you refer, during production (but I doubt it), or possibly some
'enterprising trader' may have inadvertently removed the first digits. Of
course, I cant imagine why they'd want to do such a thing.

Regards to all,

Ron Overs

Overs Pianos, Sydney Australia
Email:   sec@overspianos.com.au