Tooners :-( or exasperation exemplified!!

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 May 2000 23:09:53 EDT

In a message dated 5/12/2000 9:19:08 PM, Brian wrote:

<<"Hi Jim,

Is this for real?  You're not just pulling our (collective) leg?">>

No Brian I am not pulling anyones leg. Would that I were.

<<"Why were you called to the piano in the first place?  Is the customer

unhappy with their piano?   Are they seeking a second opinion as to whether

"something's wrong"?>>

  Well for me that is the only good part of the story. The customer called 4
of the piano stores in town and they each recommended me as the tech to do
any evaluation/repairs. Makes me feel really good......or should it make me
feel like a target? :-)

 <<"3)  You might provide a list of things to the owner that you believe would

put the piano into the working condition that it should be in, considering

the work it was _supposed_ to have had done to it.
........................................  I do hope that the customer
received something in writing that stated exactly what would be done.">>

 Here is part of the rub Brian the customer has nothing, or at least say they
don't, in writing!!  These people are not, at least don't seem to be, chintzy
when it comes to spending what is needful in getting work done.......when
they get straightforward information that is.

<<"Don't try to fight the battle for the customer.">>

 Trust me on this point Brain..I have 'no' intention of fighting this for the
customer and have already told them that. The only thing I 'will' do is
provide a list of work that, in my opinion, needs to be done for this thingee
to be in "acceptable" but not perfect condition. And that list is long
indeed. They have agreed to pay for this evaluation whether they have
anything done or not. Further if events proceed to the point of work being
done I will photograph everything before and after.

 I really can't say more than that can I? As they have nothing in writing,
and customers tend to hear what they want to hear,..... the only thing I can
truthfully say is what condition the thingee is in now and what needs to be
done for it to be "acceptable" at some minimum, commonly recognized, level?
Jim Bryant (FL)