signal to noise (was annoying)

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 12 May 2000 22:16:30 -0600

Hi Ed, As I have posted before, the Yamaha damper felt is a little more
efficient and it's the most accurately cut in the industry.  A real plus
for tri dampers. The Steinway stuff that I have been supplied with, I threw
in the garbage in disgust. one side of the wedge came to a point, the other
had a flat of about 1/16".  New an improved rubbish.
Roger

At 11:47 AM 12/05/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>    So, a technical thing here......
>>    I have long used Steinway damper felt.  They are sometimes hard to work
>>with,  but I have been able to get them quieter than other felts.  What
>>really sogs my Wheaties is how often the treble blocks have been cut
crooked.
>> I have recently been told that ordering the Hamburg damper felts is the
way
>>to get really square blocks on the tri-chord dampers,  that there was a
>>difference.  Anybody here have experience to corraborate this?
>>Regards,
>>Ed Foote RPT
>
>Yea, I'd like a little input on this one too. Seems like we ought to be
>able to buy SOMETHING that works right out of the box once in a while.
>
>Ron N

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213