Steinway console tuning/ G. Steck

Jlovekeys@AOL.COM Jlovekeys@AOL.COM
Sat, 13 May 2000 19:21:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/00 5:55:27 PM, charly_tuner@hotmail.com writes:

<< I applied protek liberally to all bearing points, but still, the
strings would hang up and rendering was VERY difficult,  from the agraffes,
to the v-bar, to the cappo..it was a bear!  >>

Hi Terry, Did you apply protek to the area where the felt lays under the
strings near the tuning pins? I just tried it the other day on a older
Steinway grand and it sure made a difficult tuning much easier. Just wondered
if this area was included in your"bearing points". Just had to ask.
Have a good one,
Jim Love
PTG Associate
Midland,Tx.