Tooners :-( or exasperation exemplified!!

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 14 May 2000 00:10:07 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/2000 11:21:55 PM, Ed F. wrote:

<<"Greetings,
    I would have told them that I wasn't interested in having that piano, in
that condition, as part of my business or reputation.  Then I would offer to
give them an estimate of what I considered necessary for their piano to play
as it was designed to play. ...................................
Regards,">>
Ed Foote

Ed;
 That is basically what I told them.......after they would not take no for an
answer without me being downright rude............ I quoted them a rather
outrageous price to make it 'more' than worth my while....this just to put it
in a "more playable condition".

  I carefully pointed out each of the major problems and explained the
limitations I would be hampered by. Since I intend to put everything in
writing, indeed have done so thus far, there 'should' not be any
misunderstanding? I will leave them with the following:
a. Report on condition of piano as I originally found it.
b. Bill for three service calls and attendant shop work.
c. PTGs Tech Bulletin on "Rebuilding".
d. A full and 'complete' quote for RE- Reing !! :-)
e. A list of three customers in their area for whom I have rebuilt S&S
thingees.

  Any refinishing/touch would be minor as the new finish on the piano now is
an extraordinarily nice job and the nickle plating that was done is
immaculate.  Mores the pity the rest of this thingee doesn't match the
finishing and plating.........

  I have no doubts as to being able to leave these people with a more
controllable and responsive action which will be a major improvement over
what they had last week.
Jim Bryant (FL)