%#@$pers

Sun, 14 May 2000 20:03:07 -0400

On Sun, 14 May 2000 15:13:34 -0600 Roger Jolly <baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca>
writes:
> My tri focals are a real pain in the neck,

> Roger

Roger and Ron -

I just received my first pair of tri-focals about 5 weeks ago and before
I threw them off the bridge and me with 'em I gave them back to the
Optical Doc and told him to send them back where they came from.  I can't
believe anyone but a man of leisure who isn't interested in seeing
anything in focus could be happy with a pair of trifocals.

I switched back to my "progressive" lenses, which are less than ideal but
WAY better than tri-focals, and have ordered a new pair of bifocals
specifically for midrange and close up ONLY.   Close up is from 12-20",
and mid-range is from 20-36".  I am very hopeful they will be my glasses
of choice for tuning and regulating, as well as for playing the piano and
working at the computer.

You're right, Ron.... getting old is getting to be a terrible
inconvenience.

Any remedies I could learn to live with?
Anyone try to train a monkey?

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com