Bassplaying and tuning

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Mon, 15 May 2000 18:36:14 +0100

>Conclution:
>I found ET  to be out of tune. If I tune the piano and find it equal out of
>tune then I know I have an ET. If there is some thing purer there are
>something wrong as long as I didn't try to tune a HT. Tuning a piano is a
>compromize and ET is the same kind of compromize as HT. It is fun to tell
>people when I finish to tune this piano there isn't a single note intune.
>Maybe we shouldn't call us tuners but "out of tuners".
>

>Hope nobody gets pissed, because that was not the point.
>
>Ola Andersson
>Bergen
>Norway

This was a good posting.
Thank you, now why don´t you go and tune a piano for a customer and make
all the fifths and fourths pure?  Tell them it´s in tune and tell us what
they said;)
I remember hearing an audio tape in a meeting in the Portland chapter.
Some violinists were explaining the different stretches of intervals in
solo playing as opposed to ensemble.  It was inspiring.

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland

P.S.  I´m not pissed, but I may be tonight seeing as it is my birthday.
P.P.S. Sorry about the smiley-face Mr. Bremmer.