Forte piano tuning pins

Tue, 16 May 2000 05:33:59 -0500

Doug,

At 21:09 05/15/2000 -0700, Terry wrote:
>Doug,
>The pins are oblong. You need a wrench that is made to fit them.

>> What type(s) of tuning pins are typically found on forte pianos?  I may
have to tune one of these and want to be sure I have the correct wrench.
>> Sorry, don't know the make of the instrument.
>> Doug Mahard

To which I would add:

For period instruments, Terry is right.   If it is a modern
copy/reproduction/realisation/interpretation it may very well have square
tipped harpsichord/zither type pins.  The one I have here is a 14 yr old
Zuckermann "Stein" type fpo, and it does have the square tips.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College			-(319)-387-1204
700 College Drive			-(319)-387-1076 - Fax
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

Live such that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry.