sandpaper archaeology

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 15:48:08 -0500

Taking a neck break from traveling shanks (traveling music in the
background), and I thought I'd throw this out. When you strip the old
sandpaper off hammer rails, it leaves the lettering from the old paper in
the glue until you finish cleaning it off. This one said RUBY SAND & EMERY
PAPER and RUBY & EMERY CLOTH in one section, and GLUE & PUMICE STONE and
GROUND FLINT AND EMERY in another. I don't recall ever running across
mention of ruby paper before. Has anyone else?

Ron N