advertising on your vehicle

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Wed, 17 May 2000 08:07:24 -0500

I had a number of comments from those of you that saw my red van in the
parking lot in KC.  I have gold lettering, a gold grand piano, company
name and phone numbers on the side windows and the company name and
phone numbers on the rear window. The lettering matches my business
cards and was cut from foil by the same company that does my printing.
The total cost for this was $150.  There are a lot of companies with
computers that now cut these foil art and lettering signs.

I have a business to promote, so why would I ever want to take them off?
I get from 2 to 3 inquires each month from the signs. If I'm tuning at a
church, some one from down the street will generally stop in to ask
about my services.  I have had people follow my van to get the phone
numbers.
My wife drove the van to school a couple of weeks ago and had two people
stop in at the school office to talk to the piano tuner.

If I had to do it over I would  make the phone numbers larger.