Two questions/ivories and Polish pianos

Wed, 17 May 2000 22:50:09 +0200

I am aware of some Polish Pianos but I am not sure about terming them
"fine". The ones I have seen are after my own opinion right on the border
line of being acceptable even as so called PSO's

Ivories... I have seen them glued on with contact glue successfully, but
the point is that whatever you do, you dont want to be able to see the
woodwork through the ivory in any given light. And besides... some glueing
proceedures just plain work better then others when it comes to Ivories.
But hey... whatever you feel works. Personnally I use a type of glue used
for hanging wall panel. Its very white in color, thick and holds great, and
does not curl the ivory as some glues can. This is only if I am replacing
old ivories back onto their keys. Otherwise I replace with an ivory colored
plastic I get from Jahn in Germany when doing whole sets.

--
Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.