Going over it twice

John McKone John@JohnMcKone.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 09:50:54 -0500

>45 mins. to an hour is fine. But have you ever finished in about 30 - 35
>minutes, and the customer says, "are you done already?" (emphasis on
>already). I don't know is she is complaining she is paying so much for so
>little time spent, or is she glad I am done in such a short period of time.
>
>Willem

I have had this experience.  Usually on well mantained pianos that I see
often.  When I'm in the position of being able to finish in under 45
minutes, I try to get a sense of where the customer is at in terms of their
own time.  If its someone who rushed home on their lunch hour to meet me, I
figure they'd be happy to get me out of the house.  On the other hand if
its a stay at home person who seems to have time on their hands, I'll spend
some extra time with minor regulation, or perhaps just friendly
conversation.

It's all about doing what makes the customer happy.

John McKone, RPT

John McKone

...If Leo Kottke, Michael Hedges and Pete Townshend put out an acoustic
guitar CD, this is what you'd get...

"Here It Is" available summer 2000

john@johnmckone.com
http://johnmckone.com