Elton John

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 May 2000 14:12:56 EDT

>do you know whether Elton John has a tech with him?

Greetings,
     He will probably not carry a tech with him.  When he played the Opry
house here in the early eighties,  the piano was unloaded 90 minutes before
the show, and was approx.  30 degrees.  It was so sharp, I had trouble
hearing the beats with the fork.
    I advised his stage manager that it oughta be left alone, but they
lowered some big lights near it to "warm up the strings".  Then told me that
I had to tune it, it was in the contract and if it wasn't tuned, there was no
show.  I began, and as I went, I realized that nothing was staying where I
put it. By show time, the thing sounded worse than any piano I had ever been
connected with but nobody said a word.
go figure,
Ed Foote