pin driving fluid

Sun, 21 May 2000 01:05:20 +0200

Thanks Ron... I will try this indeed then.. I have avoided Rosin because of
hearing about this.

The story I heard was that Some factory tuning pin installers used Rosin on
their hands to absorb sweat and too help fight things like rust on blued
pins because of that sweat, and also because it raised pin torque. They
didnt seem to think jerky pins was all that much of a problem as the story
went... So I never tried

I have used thick Shellack, and it does seem to make for smoother pins, tho
I have this feeling it tends to lessen torque... tho I have no way of being
sure on that, just seems like every time I have used shellack the pins
arent as tight as I'd like them to be.

Isnt Rosin a kind of Harpiks ?... never really thought about it

--
Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.