rib dimensions

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Mon, 22 May 2000 23:12:41 -0400

Hello Andrew,

I'll throw out a thought or two.

I say, yes, crown the ribs.  Probably, it would be easiest to have one
crowned side, and one flat side.  I can see how there may be a structural
advantage to having a rib thicker towards the middle of the board.  Another
thought, while you're making ribs, consider making them so that the thickest
part of the rib falls directly under the bridge body, not at the center of
the rib.

I seriously doubt that the increased rib thickness will be a negative
factor.  It might do some good to have the added structural support, so long
as you have all of the necessary clearances (definitely a 'check to make
sure' long before gluing that puppy in!)

Good luck with your project.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net