Midnight Puzzler

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 24 May 2000 13:39:28 EDT

<<Hi Jim,

How about fall board to low in the installed position or glide bolt(s)

adjusted to high.

Doug Mahard>>

Close Doug..but no cigar! :-)

John Lillico wrote:
"I suspect a fallboard misalignment.
Is ther a prize for being right.... like free convention registration?
John Lillico, RPT"

Again close but no cigar for you either! :-)
Your prize for being 'not correct' is that you get to pay in inflated dollars
to attend convention :-(

Roger J. said:
"Well Jim, you're never obvious with these teaser's"

Well excuse me sire but I twied, welly I did!
P.S. Your second guess is wrong also.

Michael J. said:
     "Could it be that the key end felts are just glancing the damper levers"

 Could be Mike, but it ain't. ;-)

David I. said:
Jim,

"How about the key strip...catching the key buttons or something..."

Very 'general' answer and the closest one so far.

I'll leave the question open till late this afternoon...for a hint refer back
to what I said originally, i.e. "The problem seemed to disappear with the
action out of the piano, and before the cheek blocks and fallboard were
reinstalled."  To which I will add that when the fallboard was moved toward
the closed position, the very tiniest bit, the sticking and clicking stopped.
 It sho nuf made me feel dull when I finally figured it out!!! :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)