Midnight Puzzler

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 25 May 2000 00:22:50 EDT

In a message dated 5/24/2000 10:25:31 PM, Wally S. wrote:

<<"The problem with that was the cheek blocks have an adjustment inside them
which was loose, so the action did not stay back in its position, but
slid out just far enough so some keys would bind against the rail in
front of the keys. Adjusting the screw inside the cheek blocks fixed it.
Was this the case with the Sojin?
Wally Scherer">>

Wally;
 The Sojin has that lovely two piece cheek block arrangement where the part
that holds the keyframe pin captive is a separate piece from the upper cheek
block....the veneered and finished portion.
 On the Sojin, the frame was as far back as it could/would go when I first
saw the thingee...and that is where the hammer line dictated it to be. :-(
 The clearance between the keyslip and front of the keys was gracious plenty
so that did not present a problem.
 It was the design of the keybuttons that allowed the thingees to jam
occasionally against the back of the fallboard.( I really think this
particular set of buttons were installed backwards?)
   When I put them on the sander (1" table model belt ) I took off the
portion that looked kinda like ....|.... and made it look like ...\... This
would have been enough to make the thingee 'stick' free from buttons rubbing
even without replacing the flattened rubber buttons.
Clear as mud?
Jim Bryant (FL)