a dim view

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 25 May 2000 09:41:43 EDT

David:

For some reason you have opted to view me as a "hater of all Aossciates".
Even though I write the posts, most of what I write I heard from other RPT's
over the years. These are not necessarily my views alone.

I don't know how long you have been a member of PTG, but I have been one for
23 years. I have served on the PTG Board as CWRVP for 2 years, I have been a
delegate or alternate to Council for about 20 of those 23 years. I am a CTE,
and have gien countless exams. I have  served on a number of  PTG committees,
and taught a countless seminars and conventions. I have also served my
chapter in every office, and I was the newsletter editor for over 10 years.
So I have actively been around for a long time.

The views I present are a compilation of what I have learned over the years.
I agree that there is another point of view, but I believe in what I say. And
trust me, I am not alone.

So remember,. when you pick on me, you are pickingon a large number of
members who feel the same way I do. You might not like it, but that is the
way it is.

Read Carol's latest post. Most of her ideas I have presented to this list on
previous occasions. I strongly feel that the current set up is unfair, and
inequitable. I want the PTG to either drop Assocaites from its rank, or go
the other way, and give Assocaites full rights and priveledges. But to ge
those rights and priveledges, non RPT's must prive some level of competence.
As Cariol suggested, a rebuildere doens't have to show aural tuning skils,
just as an in home tuner, doesn't ahve to show rebuilding skills. There is
room in the PTG for both.

What I don't like is the attidue some are taking that ALL Associates be given
equal rights just because they pay dues.  There has to be accountability. As
I said in a previousl post, when Associates become more than 50% of the
membership, the PTG will have lost omne of its' priciples of providing "the
best possible piano service to the piano community". (ART.1, Sec. B5.)