Husband & Wife teams

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Thu, 25 May 2000 23:33:44 -0400

At 9:40 AM -0600 5/25/00, Jonathan Adams wrote:
>Tara hasn't even begun to develope skills yet, she is considering learning
>the trade.  If Tara were presented with a noncompete clause and refused to
>sign, there would be little anyone could do to prevent her from learning to
>be a technician anyway.  She could pursue it like any other newcomer to the
>trade;  join the PTG, attend meetings, buy the source manuals and PACE
>lessons, acquire her own tools,  attend seminars and conventions, and
>eventually build her own clientele.  The knowledge is there for the taking,
>it is not a rare thing at all.

Mrs. Adams,

You are an eloquent advocate of Tara's perfect right and ability to enter
the business independently of her husband. I feel it unfortunate that we
may seem to be on opposote sides of an issue (which one, really?) when in
fact we aggree on the fundamentals of the situation. Namely, Tara's free
and indepedant access to the business, and mostly likely as well, that
husband/wife teams are more than viable, frequently they can be vibrant.

In fact the issue is moot. You may have read my most recent post, admitting
that if I were Robin, I was sure that I wouldn't be able to screw up the
nerve to hand my wife a non-compete pre-divorce clause. Hard, cold business
works that way, but not a good marriage.

Be well. I enjoy your dry wit.

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

"There are day people and there are night people, and they will
unconsciously seek each other out so they can drive each other crazy"
    ...........AM Radio Psychologist Dr. Joy Browne