String splicing

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Fri, 26 May 2000 23:07:51 -0700

I haven't been reading all the posts to this thread, but I'm a bit
surprised to hear
that some consider it a nonessential skill.  I use it frequently - in
fact just about
every time I encounter a broken bass string - sometimes several at a
time in
Pentacostal churches.  The result is much better than a universal string
and even
better than a custom duplicated string because it matches the rest of
the section in
age, wear, etc.  It works out cheaper to the client because there is no
second trip
and is more profitable to me because it reduces my travel time.
Furthermore, it is
instantly usable and lasts as long as any other string.  Happy client,
happy
technician.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT