The Trouble with Trebels

Robert Moffatt moffattr@cadvision.com
Sat, 27 May 2000 02:12:33 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: <DGPEAKE@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 10:57 PM
Subject: The Trouble with Trebels

> Dear Friends and Fellow Technicians,

> Today I serviced a Trebel Studio for a Philippine family.  It has parts
from
> Germany, but they claim it was assembled in the Philippines. I did not see
it
> listed in the piano atl
> She asked me why the piano had these problems. My first thought is that it
> could be a design flaw. Or that she had it shipped from the Phillipines
and
> the difference in humidity could cause the problems.

 > Thanks in advance.

> Dave Peake, RPT
> Portland Chapter
> Oregon City, OR

Dave,

With due respect,  and after reading Willem's posts, re: the associate
members issue...
and now, reading your question, it makes one wonder! Should the associates
be listening
to the "RPT's?? What you are asking..... should be common basic knowledge!!
(as an RPT)!

Query.....when did RTT, change to RPT?
As I recall, 26 years ago, RTT meant Registered Tuner "Technician"!
It's been a while, but does the "T" stand for tuner, or tech?
At any rate, after reading many- many posts, be it tuning or technical, I
believe we should
all be tested......even the CTE's! The question I suppose.... is by whom!
Maybe some
whirling red lights?.....I hope not. Frightens me to who set the lights
whirling in the first place!

Bob Moffatt
Former RTT