Bushing vs. bigger pin?

Doug Mahard nlm@csu.cted.net
Sat, 27 May 2000 06:20:42 -0400

> What are pros and cons about using a bigger pin vs. a bushing to replace a
> pin thats spinning the lever around.
> Thanks, Jill

Hi Jill,

Can I ask you for a little clarification on "a pin that's spinning the lever
around."  Do you mean a pin that is loose in the birds-eye?

As far as I understand it, it is the fit in the birds-eye that is the main
issue.  If the pin is loose in the birds-eye then rebushing is not going to
help anything.  The birds-eye/pin fit must be tight, no rotation of the pin
in the birds-eye.  The flange rotates around the pin.

If the pin is loose in the birds-eye then you should try the next size
larger pin.  Sometimes the next larger pin is too loose also.  If you can
easely push the pin into the birds-eye you have to jump to the next larger
pin and try that.

Hope this helps.

Doug Mahard