Caution: Known carcinogen

CCLPianos@AOL.COM CCLPianos@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 May 2000 09:44:04 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/00 11:19:29 PM, owner-pianotech-digest@ptg.org writes:

<< Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 00:57:07 EDT
From: DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: humidity problem - will this fix it?

I have used a product call PERK that you can get from your local dry
cleaners. Tell them what you are using it for because they will not sell it
to the general public. PERK helps clean the verdigris out of the flange. I
have actually applied in on a Steinway action, put it out in the sun,  and
later I find the verdigris oozing out of the flange.

Please note: Tetrachloroethylene (Perchloroethylene)  is a known carcinogen.
(dry cleaning fluid)
Please refer to the website, http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/carcinogens.html.

I used this product in the 80's and found the results to be very productive.
Dropping the entire whippen in a solution gave fantastic results that lasted
for years. The verdigris does melt away as described. Some centers will have
to be repinned. This is the result of "verdigal compression". (squished felt)
Pat W