Rhodes in ET

Sun, 28 May 2000 21:00:36 +0200

Had to tune and "regulate" a fender Rhodes today. Havent had the "pleasure"
for several years now and I place a lot more weight on thirds and
third-octave variants since last I encountered one of these. Getting a
balanced ET was quite a process, and getting bass notes to sound decent
withing octaves as well as other intervals was really fun (I am being a bit
sarcastic here.. grin). It ended up coming out pretty good, but I wonder if
any of you out there have any good tips for handling the Rhodes instrument
?

I noticed that the pitch of the lowest bass notes wandered (towards flat)
quite significantly as the amplitude diminished.

--
Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.